I finished my nonfiction unit last night! And we tested a few of the activities out in my classroom today! It was so much fun.
I started by making sure I had a new binder for it (of course!) I have a binder for everything!
To save paper, it would be best to copy these front/back when you're making a class set, but I didn't have the chance when I was printing from my home computer.
Then, we did the fiction/nonfiction sort. Each student found two books in the classroom library and wrote them on our classroom sort, then they copied it onto their paper.
We searching through our nonfiction books and looked for text features we have learned about so far. Students would stand if their books would have different text features in them as I called them out. They found that not all nonfiction books have every single text feature. Then we had a mini-quiz on text features (also found in the product).
If you're interested in this product, check it out for sale in my TPT store!